Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Sister's Glam Doll

My sister's illustration



& the real one...



Hello my friends, is good to be back! I hope you had a good time during this Thanksgiving holiday. Did you eat too much turkey? Well, I know I did! = ) haha...

Well, apart from eating too much turkey, I started on an illustration for my younger sister Cynthia. She just turned 25, and as a gift I did a haute couture illustration for her.

I love doing fashion illustrations, and doing a customized illustration for my sister was even better.

Of course, it doesn't look exactly like her; I wanted to give her a fashion model appearance, so I exaggerated the pose and her features.

For this illustration, I used different mediums such as watercolor and prismacolor pencils, as well as prismacolor markers, but I really fell in love with the cherry red india ink that I used for her dress.

Well, I hope you liked this illustration, please come back soon, so I can share many other illustrations and goodies with you ; )

***Para leer en Español, haga click en Read More***


Hola amigos, que bueno estar de regreso! Espero que se la hayan pasado muy bien en este Dia de Accion de Gracias. Comieron mucho pavo? Bueno yo se que yo si = ) jajaja...

Bueno, aparte de haber comido mucho pavo, empeze hacer una ilustracion para mi hermana menor, Cynthia. Ella acaba de cumplir los 25, y como regalo le hice una ilustracion de haute couture o alta costura.

Me encanta hacer ilustraciones, y el hacer una ilustracion personalizada para mi hermana es aun mejor.

Claro que la ilustracion no es exactamente como ella; la quise hacer de modelo fashion asi que exagere la pose y sus caracteristicas.

Para esta ilustracion utilize diferentes medios como lapices de acuarela y prismacolor, como tambien marcadores de prismacolor, pero lo que realmente me encanto fue una tinta india de color cereza-rojo que utilize para su vestido.

Bueno, espero que les haya gustado esta ilustracion, por favor regresen pronto, para poder seguir compartiendoles mas ilustraciones y cosas novedosas con ustedes ; )

5 comments:

  1. ME encanto!! :) el color esta bellisismo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. QUE PADRISIMA TE QUEDO!!!!!!!!WOW, CADA VEZ MEJORAS MAS....YEY, TE MANDAMOS SALUDOS TIA ROCI!!!!!!!!!!!!TE EXTRANAMOS MUCHO!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comments, especially Carolg,I'm so honored that you visited my blog and left a comment! I'm always inspired by your blog, and your art. Thks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful and so beautiful! He he, I love how you designed the dress, looks a bit like my Carrie dress but with a fabulous pink color! ;) It looks very much like her too.

    ReplyDelete