Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I ♥ Blythe Doll



Blythe Photograph by Rocio R.


Hello my friends! How are you doing? I hope you are doing fine! Today, I wanted to share with you my love for the Blythe Doll. I found this vintage and artsy doll back in 2008, and ever since I fell in love with her.

This doll has a fascinating story that dates back to 1972, but unfortunately the market wasn't ready for her at that time. Gina Garan, rediscovered this doll and took some amazing pictures that helped to bring the Blythe Doll back into the market. You can read more of the story here.

There are many blogs and sites dedicated to the Blythe Doll. One of my favorites is this page that has a collection of Blythe Doll makeup.

Many fans also love collecting this doll and her accessories which can be very pricey. I just have one that I bought on Ebay. It's the one on the first picture, and I paid almost $100. I absolutely adore her and I think she's worth it.  ; )

One fun thing about this doll is that the doll has a string that you can pull, and the color of her eyes changes into four different colors. Isn't that awesome or what? 

Well my friends, I hope you'll like this post, and if you didn't know anything about the Blythe Doll, now you know a little bit...hahaha! ;D

***Para leer en Español, haga click en Read More***
  

Hola amigos! Como estan? Espero que bien! Hoy, queria compartir con uds. lo mucho que me gusta la muñeca Blythe. Yo encontre esta muñeca vintage y artsy en el 2008, y desde entonces me enamore de ella.

Esta muñeca tiene una historia fascinante que data de 1972, pero desafortunadamente el mercado no estaba listo en aquel entonces para la muñeca. Gina Garan, la re-descubrio y le tomo unas fotos maravillosas las cuales ayudaron para que la muñeca Blythe regresara al mercado. Pueden leer mas acerca de la historia aqui. (Enlace en ingles).


Hay muchos blogs y sitios dedicados a la muñeca Blythe. Uno de mis favoritos es esta pagina que tiene una coleccion de fotografias del maquillaje de la muñecas Blythe.

 Existen muchos fans que les encanta coleccionar esta muñeca y sus accesorios, los cuales pueden ser muy costosos. Yo solo tengo una muñeca, y la compre en Ebay, es la de la primera fotografia, y pague cerca de los $100. Me encanta y pienso que los vale! ; )

Una cosa divertida acerca de Blythe, es que la muñeca tiene un cordon el cual al jalar, puede cambiar de color de ojos. Tiene cuatro diferentes colores. Es genial!!!

Bueno amigos, espero que les guste este post, y si es que nos sabian acerca de la muñeca Blythe, bueno ahora ya saben un poco mas...jajaja! ;D

15 comments:

  1. I have to say, that eye-color-changing feature is very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat! I had no idea some dolls were so expensive, but I can definitely see why--What a cool eye-changing feature! I love these pictures too, very creative :) Thank you for sharing!

    -Alexis
    http://simplybeautifulveg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Have you ever seen the Blythe Doll book??? Love that thing - gotta go find mine to show to my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marla, thanks for your lovely comment! Yes, I have the book too! I really like the photographs, they are so creative. I'm sure your daughter is gonna like it. Thanks for stopping by, and have a happy Wednesday! Love, Rocio

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this doll! i've seen her around the web before, but didn't know the story. thanks for sharing :) and thanks for your sweet comment earlier today!

    xo.ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for checking out my blog and becoming a follower! We Pisces gotta stick together with all of our creative outlets and dreaming minds! ;)

    This doll is so cute! How bizarre that the eye changes into four different colors! Guess it depends on her mood for that day as to which eye color she will wear. Wish I could do that! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rocio,
    Thanks for visiting my blog http://kazuonlinestore.blogspot.com/

    I'm also a Blythe Fan myself. I bought one while I was in Japan few years ago.

    Love you blog.
    Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cool! I adore your own photo and also the one with the eiffel tower in the background. Thanks for sharing!

    xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yo tengo una! Me la trajo mi hermana de Japón que por lo visto ahí no soy nada caras. Me encantan las Blythe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a super cool feature. My eyes change colour when I have different moods sometimes- but not in four colours and not on demand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of her before. I like the second one, adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so sad that the world wasn't ready for her. I think she's gorgeous. I would love to have one someday too. I read a really funny story about a lady who was at a charity auction and paid $200 for ten (I think) of them all in their original boxes because no one else at the auction got them either! It was such a funny story the way she told it. I wish I could remember where I read it, nevermind! Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the one in Paris!!!

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pleasant blog specially to me because I am a huge fan of Blythe doll and just received my 23rd Blythe doll at PIJ :D
    Thanks for your nice review.
    http://bit.ly/blythejp

    ReplyDelete