Tuesday, August 9, 2011

SHABBY APPLE DARE TO DESIGN CONTEST



Hello my friends, today I wanted to share my entry for this year's "Shabby Apple's Dare to Design Contest." This is the first time I'm entering this contest, so I'm very excited!!! 

My design inspiration came when I started daydreaming about Paris in the Spring. I never been there, but I imagined a very chic girl strolling down the streets in a very sweet dress with lots of color. 

I choose a 100% cotton fabric with a large floral print, and I decided to create a flared dress with short sleeves. I followed Shabby Apple's design standards, so the hemline is up to the knee and it doesn't show any cleavage. 

I'm so happy to enter this contest, especially because I love Shabby Apple Dresses. They're so classy, sophisticated and some of them have a vintage flair. I love them!!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and I'm hoping that my dress makes it to the top 15 entries. If it does happen, they're gonna post it on the Shabby Apple Blog by August 17th, 2011. My dear friends, if it happens, could you be so kind to vote for me? I would really appreciated.

Well my friends wish me luck!!! 

See you soon!

12 comments:

  1. Hola!, me encanta lo que hicistes, el traje esta hermoso al igual que el dibujo. Te deseo toda la suerte del mundo y claro que votaria por ti, suerte, abrazos!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Mariela! Que linda, te agradezco mucho tus palabras. Me das animo! Gracias!!!

    Xoxo, Rocio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Rocio! I love your dress, I would wear it in a flash! The drawing is gorgeous too. Of course I will vote - let me know when you find out.

    Hugs and a happy weekend to you,
    Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable and fabulous dress. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies! I really appreciate your support. Thank you for your kind words!

    Xoxo
    Rocio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! I love it! Hope you win!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck!
    I really like the dress. I would definitely wear it. Very feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous dress! Good luck!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great dress! I hope you win. I will definitely vote. We can only start voting tomorrow right?...

    Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty good luck :)

    pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful, I totally see Paris in the springtime!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, now following yours!!

    xx,
    http://soanthro.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love it! It's so much fun seeing this again - you are so talented and creative! Proud of you girl!

    ReplyDelete